Tuesday, December 06, 2011
Sweetie Pie's' Miss Robbie Shares Her RecipesBy: Black America Web
Oprah Winfrey's OWN has found at least one winning formula in its programming – the reality show “Welcome to Sweetie Pies.” The story of Miss Robbie Montgomery and her family-run soul food restaurant in St. Louis, Missouri has made fervent fans out of viewers who can appreciate her wisdom and her devotion to family and business.
The show's season finale, "Hopes and Dreams," airs on Saturday at 9 p.m. EST. In it, Miss Robbie signs off on the loan to expand her business, while her son, Tim, and his fiancée, Jenae, have their own reason to celebrate: Their newborn son.
Fans will be happy to hear that "Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s" has been renewed for a second season. And if all the food you saw on the show looked good to you, Miss Robbie is sharing her exclusive recipes for BlackAmericaWeb.com readers. If you wanted to cook like her - and who doesn't? - here’s your chance.
Her holiday dinner recipes are below.
BAKED TURKEY WINGS
4 turkey wings
3 tablespoons seasoning salt
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons of granulated garlic
1 14-ounce can of low fat/low sodium cream of celery soup
1 sliced yellow onion
1. Wash wings under cold water. Pat dry.
2. Combine seasoning: salt, pepper, and garlic. Season wings with mixture and set aside.
3. In a large roasting pan, add the cream of celery soup and 1/2 cup of water and mix together.
4. Place the seasoned turkey wings into the roasting pan so each is partly submerged in the soup.
5. Add onions on top.
6. Cover the dish with foil or lid.
7. Bake at 375 for an hour, turning the wings halfway through.
1-1/2 pounds of collard greens (stems removed)
1 cup of smoked turkey chopped
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1/2 cup water
3-1/2 cups of low sodium/fat chicken broth
3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
1. Wash greens in cold water and rinse.
2. Stack several leaves of greens on top of each other and roll length wise (like a hot dog), and cut roll into inch-wide sections (thumb size).
Repeat until all greens are sliced.
3. In a large sauce pan, add olive oil and heat to medium high. Add turkey and garlic and fry until turkey is brown; around six minutes.
4. Add water, vinegar and chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Add salt, black and red pepper and greens, and allow to boil a few minutes.
Stir and cover.
5. Allow to cook on medium high heat for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to medium.
6. Add sugar, syrup, then cover, and cook for an hour.
6 cups frozen or canned green beans
1 small russet potato, peeled and cubed
1-1/2 cup of water
5 tablespoons chicken stock
2 tablespoons butter
1-1/3 teaspoons granulated garlic
2 tablespoons chopped onions
1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
4 tablespoons sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium pot, bring water, butter and chicken stock to a boil.
2. Add garlic and potatoes.
3. Boil until potatoes began to soften, approximately 10 minutes.
4. Reduce heat, and add green beans, onions, red pepper and sugar.
5. Simmer at 10 minutes or until green beans are tender.
5 cups fresh or frozen corn
4 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup red bell .....
Join Our Weekly
Or Daily Newsletters!
Entertainment - 2:43 PM
Deborah Cox Covers “I Will Always Love You” For Houston Biopic
Entertainment - 4:40 PM
Straight Outta Compton Filmmakers Speak Out Over Casting Outrage
Entertainment - 10:40 AM
Gladiators Rejoice! Scandal Season 4 Premiere Date & Details Announced
Entertainment - 8:40 AM
Love & Hip Hop ATL Star Karlie Redd's role in the demise of Yung Joc's Troubled Marriage
Entertainment - 11:20 AM
Why Phaedra should no longer "ride" for Husband & RHoA co-star Apollo Nida
Entertainment - 3:40 PM
Deborah Cox to Cover Whitney Houston's Music for Lifetime Biopic
Entertainment - 1:48 PM
Forest Whitaker’s View Behind The Lens
Entertainment - 9:00 AM
Tyrese Gibson Remembers Paul Walker as 'Fast & Furious 7' Wraps
SUN, AUG 31ST 2014
Hurst Convention Center
FRI, JUL 25TH 2014
FRI, JUL 25TH 2014
Westin Galleria - Dallas
FRI, AUG 1ST 2014
Parties/ Happy Hours
West End Event Center
Send To Friends